Typically each blog that I have read I have found through fellow bloggers. So today I wanted to share with you my top 5 blogs that I try and read each day. If you haven't visited their blogs, I hope that I can give you a glimpse into each of their lives so that you too may want to become a regular reader and glean insight into something you otherwise would not have.
1. Metropolitan Mama-Stephanie Sheaffer is a true gem. With her beautiful smile, curly hair, and loving yet firm beliefs, she talks about hot topics in a loving, non-judgemental way. Her post on spanking spoke volumns to my husband and I. Her post on why she doesn't let her kids cry it out is right in line with my thinking. She has an excellent post on her favorite and least favorite baby carriers that is great for a mama that is looking into babywearing and doesn't know which one to use. She also takes risks that I envy her for: like selling everything to live in a RV and serve others. But most of all I appreciate her for encouraging me. She has always taken the time to leave me kind comments, or answer my questions on her blog. I'm pretty sure that if we would ever get the chance to meet in real life, we could be best friends...and I like that.
2. MckMama-Love her or hate her, Jennifer McKinney does a fantastic job blogging. I first started following her when her son Stellan was sick and dying from SVT. The mom heart in me was instantly captivated by what she must have felt. Since then, I've stuck around. Yes, some say she likes to create drama, but I believe she is just honest and I secretly wish I could be a bit more bold in my blogging like she is. I enjoy the pictures and I also find it uncany that her Small Fry is so very much so like my Zoelle in looks and spirit.
3. Storing Up Treasures-The fact that Courtney has ten children, four adopted was what first drew me in. I grew up in a big family, I have adopted siblings, and an adopted child myself. I think the reason I love her is that there is nothing fake about her. She talks openly about her struggles with adopting a toddler. Her post on laying it all out there, is often how I feel in life and on my blog. She also focuses a lot on faith and what being a Christian really means. Overall though, I just come back to the fact that she is real, raw, and doesn't ever mince her words (which is a good thing).
4. Life In Chicago-Claire is seemingly everything I am not: sophisticated, entertains at her home, and is a fantastic writer! In fact so much so that she just recently signed her first book deal. I'm rejoicing with her as she certainly deserves it! She loves food and talks openly about losing both her parents when she was still young. I'm pretty positive that Claire and I are polar opposites when it comes to our religious or political beliefs, but I don't care. I really like her and her beliefs would not influence a friendship with her were we friends in real life. My favorite part of her blog though is when she writes about her life as a mom to her gorgeous daughter Veronica. Meridian is close to her age and I often found myself comparing notes when she would blog about her struggles getting her to sleep through the night, or when she posted a picture of her first brushing her teeth by herself. Often though, I read her letters to Veronica and tears pour down my face as I reflect on my life as a mom, and specifically when I just had Zoelle. She perfectly captures those moments and memories and leaves me with a smile on my face.
5. The Pioneer Woman-I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I had vaguely heard about Ree Drummond and her popular blog but had never visited until the middle of last year. While the rest of the world was enjoying her photography tips, stories of pioneer life, and recipes, I was unaware she existed (sorry Ree). I would be completely wrong if I did not thank Ree for making me laugh each day and also for igniting a fire to want to cook again with all her amazing recipes. My husband thanks her too!
That's that! Of course there are many more blogs I do visit, but these are the Top 5 that I visit everyday! Make sure you visit them and stick around if you like them!
Do you visit other blogs? What would be your Top 5 if you had to choose?